Supreme Hoops will be hosting basketball tournaments/leagues. The following safety guidelines are what we plan to use for our upcoming events. Coaches, it is vital that you share these rules & safety guidelines and rules with your players and their parents.
- All parents and coaches will need to pre-check themselves and their children or players temperatures before entering a facility. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees needs to stay at home. If you show symptoms of COVID-19 but do not have a temperature please stay at home! If you are part of the high risk population, we strongly encourage you to stay at home. Please error on the side of caution.
- Spectators will be allowed into the facility, but should avoid going on to the playing floor. Spectators should stay in the isles and bleachers areas designated for fans at all times while watching a game.
- We strongly recommend that you follow these guidelines throughout the weekend:
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the facility
- Wash your hands frequently
- UBT Complex Guidelines:
- Enter through the east doors of the facility.
- Games have been scheduled as follows to regulate the flow of traffic into and out of the facility:
- Courts 1 & 2 = start on the hour
- Courts 3 & 4 = start 15 minutes past the hour
- Courts 5 & 6 = start 30 minutes past the hour
- Iowa West Field House Guidelines:
- No shooting on the courts at timeouts, stoppages in play, or between games until the teams from the previous game have left the court and bench areas.
- A game ball will be provided by one of the two teams on the court. After the game, we recommend that the coach sanitize the ball.
- Coaches, we ask that you clean your bench area of trash and sanitize your team bench after the game. We will also be asking that you immediately move your team to the mezzanine or outside if you have to meet with them. We will have disinfectant on each scorers table for you to assist with this process and ask that you do so in a timely manner.
- No outside food or drink are allowed in either facility, water and other beverages will be available to purchase on site.
- Players and coaches may bring basketballs, however please understand anyone bringing in a basketball does so at their own risk. Supreme Hoops, nor any affiliated partners, nor the facility management are responsible for any lost or stolen basketballs. We recommend you keep your basketball within your control or hidden in your bag at all times.
In addition to our Site Directors (staffed by the local club) at each location, there will be people who will serve in a security role to assist us. In the event that we do not get cooperation from spectators, we will be asking coaches to help ensure that the parents of their team members are enforcing these policies. Failure to do so, whether it be from a parent or coach, could result in forfeiting the games or expulsion from the league or tournament. Please realize that our Site Directors and the people in security roles have thankless jobs and are simply doing all they can to ensure that your son/daughter and their friends are safe and can play the sport that they love. Please treat them with kindness and understanding as we all have the same goal of providing these young players with an opportunity to compete in a safe and healthy environment.